Thursday, 26 February 2009

My visit to Ana TV Forum in NYC

As some of you know, I´ve been invited to speak at the ANA TV & Everything Video Forum, at the US. I had the pleasure of being there less than 2 weeks ago and I just wanted to share the highligths of the session with all of you.

This forum recognizes that the role of television in the media mix is being redefined and broadened. In addition to "traditional" television, this conference intended to explore the use of video on various screens -the computer/Internet, mobile, point of purchase, gaming and more. They invited me to give Unilever´s point of view on this subject and, as you´ll be able to see in my presentation, all of my speech was centered on reviving the importance of content. In the end, I believe, it´s the only thing that matters, regardless the screen (meaning the media vehicle) you choose to make it reach your consumer.

Play the video to watch the slides go by:





When I was preparing the presentation, I found it really amazing how our brands reaches consumers throughout so many screens; and this gave me the idea of making the video you can see below, to show everybody how we´re doing it already.





Also, I was lucky enough to listen to Jim Margolis, the senior advisor and lead advertising strategist for Barack Obama´s campaign, who shared his insights on this history-making campaign. You can access his presentation here as well.





Thanks by the way, to the whole team in US who had been really supportive! Below, you can read the article that has been published by Media Post after the Session.

http://www.mediapost.com/publications/?fa=Articles.showArticle&art_aid=100218

If you want to have the presentations or videos in higher quality please contact Paula Marconi (paula.marconi@unilever.com)

Cheers!
Luis

No comments: